Vacancy: Horticulture Tutor
5th May 2019Roots and Shoots are looking for a new Horticulture Tutor to work within our education department.
This is a 2 day position (ideally Tuesday and Wednesday, 7 hours per day) during term time only.
(minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience is required).
Salary: £25- £26 ph (Self Employed) which will need to be invoiced on a monthly basis with our office.
Breaks: 1 hour unpaid lunch break and 2 x 15 minute tea breaks per day (morning and afternoon)
Immediate start possible. Deadline TBC
Please email CVs to our Education Manager (Angela Barredo) Education@rootsandshoots.org.uk
for Job description or follow this link (https://www.indeedjobs.com/roots-and-shoots/jobs/45145f0c72515c368f36
Everyday tasks include:
- To implement and deliver differentiated and comprehensive aims and objectives for learners.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of leaners.
- To complete regular relevant and detailed progress reviews.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of learner attainment.
- To plan and deliver vocational training programmes and workshops.
- To observe and assess learners.
- To examine learners' portfolios of evidence questioning and providing feedback and offering advice if the standards are not met.
- To keep records of learners' progress.
- To make sure qualifications and expertise are current and keeping an up to date CPD log.
This role requires preparation ahead of each class and to be ready to teach at the start time; mark any work, make notes towards completing the reviews and any other relevant tasks. The time needed to prepare and update records is included within the daily salary.
You will need:
- A recognised teaching and/ or assessor qualification
- Experience delivering Horticulture Skills in a classroom setting
- Recent relevant experience in Horticulture
- An enhanced DBS check
- Excellent communication, report writing and record keeping skills
- The ability to motivate and encourage young people
- A Minimum of 2 years' teaching experinece
- Experience with learning difficulties/disabilities
Benefits of working at Roots and Shoots:
- Working in a central London location within a unique environment
- Job satisfaction knowing you are making a real difference to young learners from a disadvantaged background
- Small class sizes (approx. 8-10 learners max)
- Great experience to have on your CV