Our retail training provides recognised awards for anyone who wants develop their skills and career
At Roots and Shoots we provide a “person-centered approach” to learning that enables trainees to receive individualised practical experience in our supportive learning environment.
Each course is portfolio assessment based, with no examination. The training options include:
• Customer Service
• Introduction to Retail Skills Award – Entry 3
• Retail Skills Award – Level 1
• Retail Skills Certificate – Level 1
• Retail Skills Diploma – Level 1
• Distributive, Warehousing and Storage Operations – Level 1
• Principles of health and safety
• Features of the buying cycle
• Organisational skills
• Numerical/problem solving skills
• Exploration of working in a retail environment
• Placements in a work-related environment
• Training sessions are held in the new eco building in well resourced training rooms.
• At Roots and Shoots you are also able to train off-site.
• Extra curriculum sessions in related fields are also offered, eg product knowledge, floristry, wreath-making, fashion retail
• Retail trainees benefit from an on-site shop, which sells Roots and Shoots own produced apple juice and honey. Trainees are encouraged to source products which are then sold in the shop and at community events.
• We also provide training for reception and stewarding staff at our busy centre.
• Retail trainees will also gain further experience from educational visits to retail outlets, garden centres and other places of interest, such as local markets, Convent Garden, East Street, Lower Marsh market, Brogdale, The National Fruit collection.
• Roots and Shoots is able to provide a wide arrange of work placements supported by many years working in partnership with numerous companies and businesses.